Veridian updates its community power outage status report
Ajax – Outages are concentrated in an area bounded by Highway #2 to the north, Lake Ontario to the south, Westney Road to the west and Lakeridge Rd. to the east. The area is supplied by six supply feeders, two of which have been restored. The remaining four serve approximately 6,400 customers. Two line crews and two tree clearing crews are at work to restore these feeders on a priority basis. These resources will be augmented later today with two line crews that are en route from Bracebridge.
The first priority is a feeder serving a customer with critical health care needs. This priority feeder serves customers located between Pickering Beach and Shoal Point Roads, south of Bayly Street.
Ajax residents who reside outside of the above geographic zone should call 1-866-579-6819 to report that they are without power.
Pickering – Known outages in Pickering are in the following areas:
- West Pickering – Approximately 6,000 customers in the area west of Dixie Road and between Highway #2 to Lake Ontario continue to be without service. The area is supplied by a Hydro One supply feeder from Scarborough. Veridian has patrolled its lines to ensure that they are clear and ready for service once Hydro One’s supply is restored. Hydro One crews are working on the repair of a severed conductor on the Scarborough section of the supply feeder. Completion of the repair work is imminent.
- South-east Pickering – Approximately 1,000 customers, primarily businesses, are without power in the area bounded by Highway #401 to the north, Lake Ontario to the south, Brock Road to the west and Church Street to the east. Service crews are patrolling lines and assessing damage. An estimated restoration time is not available at this time.
- North Pickering – Approximately 2,500 customers in the communities of Claremont, Brougham, Green River, Greenwood and surrounding areas north of the third Concession are without service. Additional service crews will be deployed to these areas later today, including one tree trimming crew that is en route from Bracebridge. Estimated restoration times are not available at this time.
- Bay Ridges/Frenchman’s Bay –Approximately 2,000 customers are without power in an area bounded by Sandy Beach Rd. to the east, Frenchman’s Bay to the west, and Bayly Street to the north. Overhead lines in this area are currently being patrolled to identify areas in need of attention.
- Central Pickering – An identified problem has disrupted power to about 1,800 customers located north of Glenanna Road, between Dixie and Liverpool Roads. Lines crews will be dispatched to carry out repair work later today.
- Miscellaneous – Smaller scale outages have been reported near the intersections of Brock Road/Major Oaks Road and Brock Road/Kingston Road. Lines crews are investigating.
Customers are reminded to exercise extreme caution around damaged poles and downed wires. All fallen wires should be considered live and dangerous. Customers are urged to report the locations of fallen wires to Veridian's 24-hour Outage Hotline by calling 1-866-579-6819.
More Buzz in Ajax and Pickering...
You're Invited! - Announcing the Grand Opening of X4 Drones, May 21, 2016
1,000,000 PC Plus Point Winner drawn in Pickering
Allan's Independent Grocer Celebrates 10 years with a Complimentary Community BBQ
First Annual Contractor Customer Appreciation Day at The Yard Depot, Ajax
Bollocks Pub & Kitchen's 2nd Annual Super Bowl Tailgate Party
Grand Opening of Pilates by Bernadette
Flow Fitness Pickering Grand Opening
Big Mammas House Burgers and Ribs Cuts Ribbon With Chris Alexander, MP
West Indian Pantry Open for Business
Pickering's Own Personal Service Coffee is Open for Business August 27, 2013